The Pinterest Tag works by tracking the activity of users as they interact with your ads on Pinterest. The valuable info generated by the tracking tool allows you to maximize both your conversion rates and your Return on Ad Spend (RoAS).
- Audience Insights – Track the actions of users on your website and learn how to better improve targeting your audience.
- Enhanced Match – The ability to trace back a successful conversion to a responsive user for improved analytics.
- Advanced Visibility Features – First party cookies are created for your domain to better view and analyze the incoming traffic from Pinterest.
Pinterest Tag for Individual Campaigns
Verify your domain to start using Pinterest Ads
Configure your Pinterest meta tag on your TeeChip’s Dashboard, so Pinterest can verify your domain and allow you to use Pinterest Ads.
Step 1: Log into your Pinterest business account and click “Claim domain”.
Step 2: Click “Claim” from the left-side navigation, and then click “Claim” next to Websites.
Step 3: Click the text in the box below Add HTML tag to copy it, and click Continue.
Step 4: Go to your TeeChip account, and click Domains, then Details, and finally Settings and enter your Pinterest HTML tag into the box and click “Save Changes”.
Step 5: Go back to Pinterest, enter your website URL into the box and then click “Verify”.
Step 6: After you click “Verify”, Pinterest will automatically check for the HTML tag and claim your website. You’ll receive an update in an hour.
Scale Success on TeeChip with the Pinterest Tag
- Not everyone makes a purchase upon first viewing. Learn the art of conversion and how to draft up a winning sales campaign with improved insights that track users even without a purchase being made.
- The Pinterest additional visibility features allow you to not only track users who view your ads and make a purchase, but also targets and directs your ads to other users who match on similar interests.
- The Pinterest tag generates valuable insights as the user completes one of nine different actions: Page visit, view category, searches, add to cart, checkout, watch a video, sign-ups, leads and custom events.
- The Pinterest tag can be managed at the Pixel helper add-on menu. Once the pixel ID is inputted, it will be fully supported for the product list page, campaign buyer page, shopping cart, checkout, and order confirmation.
Now that you’ve got everything set up, the next step of the puzzle involves getting familiar with the proven marketing techniques easily explained in our Pinterest marketing tips blog.