Face masks and neck gaiters create a barrier to protect the wearer as well as those around them, but not all are made equal. They generally fall into three types:
- Cloth masks – To prevent the further spread of COVID-19, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended all Americans wear cloth face masks in public. Neck gaiters also fall into this category
- Surgical masks – Disposable and loose-fitting, they’re typically used to protect the wearer from sprays, splashes, and large-particle droplets.
- N95 respirator – In addition to sprays, splashes, and large droplets, N95 respirators can also filter out 95 percent tiny particles including viruses and bacteria
Cloth masks do not offer the same medical-grade protection as N95 respirators. However, they do offer a small degree of protection and prevent wearers from touching their own faces. The CDC recommends using them while also practicing social distancing and proper hygiene.
Cloth masks and neck gaiters offer great everyday, basic protection, but please note these are not N95 masks. For CDC guidance on fabric masks, click here.
Design Pro Tips
- Keep your main design within the safe area (broken red line)
- Fill up the bleed area with background design (orange line)
To ensure customer satisfaction, campaigns that fail to fill up the bleed area will be taken down.
Use the mask as a blank canvas to reinforce CDC guidelines.
Animal Half Mask
Let the mask add an entirely different persona to its wearer, or in this case—an entirely different species!
While protective, masks and neck gaiters cover an essential expression of our emotions—smiles. Add a goofy one for a fun effect or try on fangs for a scarier look.
Draw inspiration from your favorite anime and add the widely recognized drawing style complete with blush lines.
The undeniable cool of camo patterns applies here as well. For the not-so-subtle shoppers, add a splash of neon pink or orange to help them really stand out!
- Protect yourself with comfort and confidence. Shop our line of fabric face masks and neck gaiters.
- Let’s reserve the N95 masks for essential workers. Check out our CDC compliant fabric masks!
- Coronavirus can’t cramp our style. We’re fighting back with awesome neck gaiters. Get yours!.
Facebook & Google Ads
Facebook, Instagram, and Google have all shared that advertisements for medical face masks are banned in an effort to combat price-gouging and misinformation during the COVID-19 crisis. Abide by these best practices to avoid having your listing banned:
- Do not claim that these masks can protect against COVID-19/Coronavirus
- Do not make medical or health claims
- Do not imply a limited supply or create a sense of urgency among potential buyers.
Also, beware that Facebook has begun blocking coronavirus-themed groups and pages from its algorithmic recommendations.