Washington state celebrated America’s first Father’s Day on June 19, 1910. However, it would take another 58 years before honoring fathers became a nationwide celebration and holiday in 1972.
While the holiday isn’t as big as Mother’s Day, the National Retail Federation reported in 2019 that spending has grown by 70 percent, approximately $6.6 billion, since 2009. The growth is largely driven by an increase in spending by consumers in the 35-44 age bracket. Given the steady incline, we see 2020 as another big year for Father’s Day spending.
Specifically, we see opportunities to focus on clothing.
The only question left is, are you getting in on the action?
Here’s how you can get started.
Father’s Day Inspiration
The Internet made dad jokes cool. You’re about to dad joke merch even cooler.
New and expecting fathers have earned the privilege to join the dad club. Let’s make sure they receive a proper welcome!
Father’s Day is all about celebrating with those who matter most. Emphasize that point with a “Father and…” design.
Granddads are dads with a bigger collection of dad jokes and they should be justly honored for it!
The best dads are often more than just dads. Take a crack at trying to define everyone’s favorite guy.
Calls to Action
- Your dad must be this ←→ awesome for these gifts. Shop at your own discretion.
- Shopping for the world’s best dad? We’ve got the world’s best dad gifts. Check them out!
- Make the old man proud. Shop our Dad Jokes Sale today!
- These dad gifts are about as close to perfect as you’ll get. Shop them today.
- We’re celebrating dads everywhere with this special Father’s Day Sale. Shop now!
- Think he’s the world’s best dad? Tell him with these gifts!
- Make his first Father’s Day one to remember. Shop our Father’s Day Sale.
- We can’t top dad’s jokes but we can add jokes to dad’s top. Shop our collection of dad jokes!
- For the best man in the world, the best sale in the world. Get ready for Father’s Day!