St. Patrick’s Day Selling Guide
St. Patrick’s Day, named after a patron saint of Ireland, is a cultural and religious celebration held on the anniversary of St. Patrick’s death. The day commemorates Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland. It’s also a time to celebrate the Irish heritage and culture in general.
While all the celebrations can make it seem like the Irish holiday is much more profitable for bars and restaurants, the truth it’s also a big opportunity for ecommerce sellers. Last year, the NRF anticipated St. Patrick’s Day spending to reach $5.61 billion, the second highest amount in the survey’s history. Numbers for 2020 have not been released, but we anticipate spending and participation to be on par with 2019.
From the same NRF survey, we also see that apparel or accessories and decor perform consistently well among buyers.
To help you get the most out of St. Patrick’s Day, we’re sharing some of our favorite marketing and selling inspiration in this selling guide. Let’s jump right in!
St. Patrick’s Day Inspiration
The shamrock has long since been associated with Irish culture and it’s said that St. Patrick used the sprig to explain the concept of the Holy Trinity. You can add the shamrock to everyday items for a festive flair.
As an Irish holiday, there’s no better way to celebrate than to embrace your heritage proudly!
Not Being Irish
St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated worldwide, regardless of the revelers’ heritage. But as an Irish born holiday, the theme should still be prevalent!
St. Patrick’s Day is known worldwide for its wild celebrations, and partygoers are proud of it! So whether you decide to highlight the drinking aspect of it or the zero-filter attitude, you’ve found a crowd that will love it.
Calls to Action
- Come for the shenanigans, stay for the St. Patrick’s Day sale!
- We will, we will shamrock you! Check out our latest release!
- Get lucky. These St. Patrick’s Day savings won’t be around forever.
- It’s your lucky day! Save with our St. Patrick’s Day promo!
- Save some green with our St. Patrick’s day sales event!
- Get your shamrock on with this St. Patrick’s Day tee!
- Shop our best St. Patrick’s Day sale yet—no luck needed!
- Grab our latest St. Patrick’s Day tee. Your friends will be green with envy.
- You won’t need the luck of the Irish to shop this sale, but you do need to hurry!